Staten Island, NY – Pedestrian Injured in Car Crash on Chestnut Ave near Bay St
Staten Island, NY (August 27, 2023) – A pedestrian accident reported in the Staten Island area left one person seriously injured.
The Suffolk County Police Department was notified of the crash just before 2:00 p.m. on August 26.
According to reports, a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle while traveling in the area of Chestnut Avenue and Bay Street.
The pedestrian suffered serious injuries in the crash. Emergency medical services rushed to the scene to aid the victim and transport them to a local hospital.
At this time, investigations into the crash are underway.
We hope the pedestrian is able to recover quickly.
Pedestrian Accidents in New York
Tens of thousands of people across the state of New York are negatively affected as a result of auto accidents every year. Many crashes involving pedestrians that occur across our state are caused by drivers who engage in negligent actions while behind the wheel. Some of the leading causes of these crashes include:
- Drivers who are distracted.
- Drivers who pass stop signs.
- Divers who failed to yield.
- Drivers who are intoxicated.
- Divers who run red lights.
Unfortunately, these and other acts of negligence contribute to a significant portion of the crashes that occur in our state. Many people involved in accidents are left with severe injuries. Some of the most common include:
- Internal organ injuries: These injuries can be incredibly serious and sometimes even fatal. The force of the impact can cause severe damage to the lungs, spleen, and other internal organs. These injuries can be life-threatening if immediate care is not rendered.
- Broken bones: Compound fractures are one of the most common injuries from car accidents. These injuries often result in the need for therapy and rehabilitation, and casting.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries are also very serious and can often result in paralysis. We see many people left with paraplegia or quadriplegia following crashes in our state.
If you have been injured due to an automobile collision, you should reach out to a Long Island pedestrian accident lawyer immediately. You may have legal options available to help you move forward and protect your rights.
At The Tadchiev Law Firm P.C., we are dedicated to providing you with the legal representation and support that you need in order to move forward after being injured due to someone else’s negligence. With our team of Long Island personal injury lawyers, you can rest assured knowing that your rights will be defended and that justice is within reach. To get started on your case today, contact us for a free, confidential consultation at 718-606-4099.
Notes: When writing these accident news pieces, our writers rely on secondary sources. These sources are comprised of police and fire accident reports, news reports, and newspaper articles, as well as first-person testimonies from accident witnesses. Because of this, our team at The Tadchiev Law Firm P.C. has not independently validated the information regarding this accident. Please get in touch with our company to have any inaccurate information corrected right away. Please let us know if you want the post to be taken down from our website, and we will do our best to comply.
Disclaimers: In order to prevent being engaged in a tragic accident, we wish to encourage the people in our neighborhood to drive slowly and with caution. This news article is not meant to be a solicitation for business. Any information offered shouldn’t be regarded as professional medical or legal advice. The photo used in this post wasn’t taken at the location of the collision.