Slip and Fall Lawyer in Long Island
A slip and fall accident can leave you in lasting pain and take away your income and your freedom. The accident can even rob you of the activities you love.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, turn to the Long Island law firm of The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C. Our trip and fall attorneys are ready to help you pursue the resources you need to recover.
At The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., we help people who have been injured in devastating accidents that never should have happened. Our firm has earned a reputation as aggressive advocate for injury victims. Our lawyers know how to take on deep-pocketed insurance companies, and we will always fight for your rights. Our mission is to seek the maximum compensation you deserve.
After an accident, focus on your recovery and let us take the burden off you. We can handle your slip and fall claim from start to finish. We will always go the extra mile for you. We offer a free consultation, and we charge no fees unless we win for you.
To get your free consultation, contact The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., today by phone or online.
What Do You Have to Prove in a Slip and Fall Case?
To build a successful slip and fall case, you must prove:
- The property you were injured on contained a dangerous condition. The dangerous condition could include puddles, spilled drinks, broken stairs, or any other condition that could cause harm.
- That the owner or occupant of the space knew or should have known, about the danger.
- The owner or occupant failed to correct the problem, warn you about it, or secure it so that you and others would not get hurt.
- That person’s carelessness or recklessness caused you to be injured.
How Can a Long Island Slip and Fall Attorney Help?
If you are pursuing slip and fall compensation after an accident, allow a slip and fall lawyer from The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., to help you. A lawyer from our law firm can:
- Investigate what happened in your slip and fall or trip and fall accident and help you determine who might be liable for your injuries
- Identify potential sources of compensation, including insurance policies that may cover your accident
- Analyze your slip and fall claim under New York law
- Take the pressure off you by managing your slip and fall case from start to finish
- Aggressively negotiate for maximum compensation
- Keep you updated on your claim’s progress
- Advocate on your behalf in court
If you have suffered a slip and fall injury, an attorney from The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., is ready and prepared to help you obtain compensation.
Pursuing Full Compensation for Your Injuries After a Fall
After a slip and fall accident, an attorney can help you pursue compensation for:
- Lost wages that you suffer because of your accident
- Damage to your future earning potential caused by your injuries
- Medical treatment, rehabilitation, and care that you need due to your accident
- The pain and suffering that you experience because of your injuries
- The repair or replacement cost of your property and your personal belongings
- Emotional distress you endure because of your injuries
New York Statute of Limitations on Slip and Fall Claims
Under New York law, you must file your slip and fall lawsuit within three years of the date of your accident. If you wait longer than the three-year time limit, you may lose the right to sue for your slip and fall injuries.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents on Long Island
Landlords, tenants, and others in control of property have a duty to keep you safe when you are on their property. Unfortunately, sometimes the people in control of the property do not take the necessary precautions to protect you. They may allow dangerous conditions to exist without addressing them or without warning visitors of their existence.
When visiting someone else’s property or shopping at a business, you could be injured by these common and hazardous conditions:
- Wet surfaces created by cleaning solutions, spilled liquids and melted snow and ice
- Icy buildup on sidewalks and in parking lots
- Uneven surfaces such as broken stairs and carpets
- Equipment and cords in the walkway
- Failures to warn of or correct problems
- Broken or missing supports such as railings
Places Where Slip and Fall Accidents Often Occur on Long Island
Slip and fall accidents commonly occur at these and other locations:
- Retail stores
- Grocery stores
- Parking lots
What to Do if You Have Been Hurt in a Fall on Someone‘s Property
If you’ve been hurt on someone else’s property, take these steps to help protect your rights:
- Seek medical attention and get treatment at the scene if necessary.
- Notify the owners or occupants of the property about your accident.
- Take pictures of the scene of your accident, your injuries, and the conditions nearby.
- Do not discuss the accident on social media.
- Save the clothes you were wearing at the time of the accident.
- Speak with a slip and fall attorney in Long Island, New York.
Talk to a Long Island Slip and Fall Lawyer Now
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, contact The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., today. With personalized service, aggressive advocacy, and a commitment to maximizing your compensation, we are here to take the pressure off you. We will always go the extra mile for you.
At The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll of a serious accident. We provide a free consultation to help you decide what your next steps should be. We do not charge any fees unless we win for you.
Get a free case review by calling us today or by filling out our easy online contact form.