Brain Injury Lawyer in Queens, NYC
Brain injuries can threaten your life, take away your ability to earn a living and keep you from taking part in the activities you love. Even with the best doctors and the finest medical care, victims of brain injuries in Queens often find their lives forever changed due to the injuries.
If someone else’s negligence caused you to suffer a traumatic brain injury, you could be owed significant compensation. With the help of an experienced Queens brain injury attorney, you could obtain compensation to pay for your current and future medical bills, your lost wages, your loss of future earnings, and other damages.
At The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., we know the challenges that you face after a brain injury. We are dedicated to helping individuals just like you. Our attorneys have earned a reputation as aggressive advocates for injury victims. Our law firm will provide the personalized service that you need. Our mission is to maximize the compensation that you deserve.
At The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., you pay no fees unless we win for you. We also offer a free case review to answer your questions. After a traumatic brain injury, do not wait another day to get the help you need. For your free review, contact us today by phone or online.
When Can You File a Personal Injury Claim After a Brain Injury?
You can file a personal injury claim as soon as you understand what happened, who was at fault for the accident, and how your injuries have affected you. To prove your claim, you will need detailed accident records and medical reports. You will also need to examine the insurance policies that are in play as well as the laws that apply to your accident.
A brain injury lawyer in Queens, New York can discuss your claim with you. A lawyer can help you understand what information you need and when you should file your claim. A lawyer can help collect the documents your claim needs and make sure your claim is filed with the right people at the right time.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
Head injuries can happen anywhere and may require weeks, months or years of recovery. Common causes of traumatic brain injury include:
Pursuing Full Compensation in Your Brain Injury Case
Traumatic brain injury can take away your livelihood and your future earning capacity. The injury may require expensive surgeries, physical therapy and other medical treatments. The medical bills can add up quickly.
If you have suffered a head injury in an accident, a brain injury case can help you obtain compensation for:
- Your medical bills and the costs of recovery – Head injuries are serious injuries that can be expensive to treat. A brain injury claim may pursue compensation for these expenses.
- Your lost income and the damage to your present and future earnings – Traumatic brain injuries can take you out of work for weeks or months. In some cases, you may not be able to ever work again. A claim may include compensation for your lost income.
- Your pain and suffering – Brain injuries can leave you with long-term pain and emotional suffering. A brain injury claim cannot undo the accident. However, a claim can help you pursue the resources you need to move forward with your life.
- Any property losses you suffered because of the accident – In an accident, you may have lost your car and other valuable personal possessions. A claim may include compensation for the costs of repair or replacement of those belongings.
- Loss of enjoyment of life due to your injuries – Brain injuries can take away your ability to engage in the activities you used to love. Your claim may seek compensation for this injury.
These and other types of compensation may be available to you under New York law. A brain injury attorney can help you understand what compensation may be available. An attorney can also help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
After an accident, do not leave your compensation to chance. Talk with a Queens brain injury attorney to find out how you can pursue the compensation that you need and deserve.
Time Limit for Filing a Claim for Brain Damage in Queens
Under New York law, you typically have three years from the date of your accident to file a claim for your injuries. If the other side will not accept your claim or provide the compensation you deserve, a lawyer may need to file a brain injury lawsuit on your behalf.
If you wait longer than the three-year deadline, the courts will bar your claim. Only very narrow exceptions can extend the deadline.
Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury
Brain injury victims may experience everything from headaches to life-threatening seizures. Common symptoms of a brain injury may include:
- Loss of the ability to speak clearly or to articulate thoughts – Traumatic brain injury victims may lose their ability to say what they are thinking. Speech therapy and healing may assist with this, but the process can be incredibly frustrating for injury victims.
- Dramatic mood and personality changes – Head injuries can change everything about an individual, including his or her personality. Medications may be able to help with some of these issues. Other changes may be permanent.
- Loss of consciousness – After your brain is injured, you may suffer an unexpected and sudden loss of consciousness. This is a dangerous condition because a victim may suddenly collapse and hit his or her head, leading to further brain damage.
- The onset of anxiety, depression and other mental issues – When your brain is injured in an accident, serious mental conditions may linger and turn into a long-term problem.
- Headaches – After a head injury, even the healthiest person may begin to experience intense and sudden headaches. These headaches may indicate a deep problem that needs medical attention.
- Seizures – People with no history of seizures may develop them after a brain injury. Doctors may be capable of treating some cases. However, seizures can become a permanent condition in some brain injury victims.
- Memory problems – Brain injury victims may suffer from memory loss, which can harm their ability to function day to day.
Nausea and other abdominal problems – Head injuries often cause nausea in victims. Although doctors may be able to treat this, some victims develop long-term sickness and discomfort.
Treatment for Traumatic Brain Injury
Modern medicine is constantly improving its treatment of traumatic brain injuries. Every year, doctors and researchers develop new techniques and medications to help brain injury victims. These treatments typically fall into three categories: surgeries, medications and therapy.
- Surgeries – Surgeries are the most dramatic option and are usually performed when the brain is bleeding or the victim’s life is in danger. In some cases, surgeons must open the skull to access the brain. In other cases, surgeons may need to fix skull fractures while repairing a brain injury. Surgeries come with significant risks but may be the only option for some patients.
- Medications – Doctors use medications to treat various conditions or manage symptoms while the brain injury victim heals. Medicines can help prevent problems such as seizures while reducing the victim’s pain. Medications are often an ongoing element of care for a brain injury.
- Therapy – Therapy is a key part of brain injury treatment. Therapy can help accident victims retrain their brains and regain important skills.
Long-Term Effects of a Brain Injury
Brain injuries may leave people with these long-term effects:
- Memory problems and an inability to focus on daily tasks
- Depression, anxiety and lack of energy
- Frequent and painful headaches
- Insomnia and other sleep problems
- Speaking problems, including slurred speech
- Loss of interest in activities
- Lack of coordination and balance
Types of Brain Injuries
Common types of brain injuries include:
- Concussions caused by blows to the head
- Diffuse axonal injuries which involve torn nerves in the brain
- Objects piercing through the skull and into the brain
- Contusions or bruising and bleeding in the brain
- Lack of oxygen, leading to brain damage
- Hematomas or blood clots in the brain
Talk to a Queens Brain Injury Attorney Now
If you or someone you love has suffered a brain injury, talk with our brain injury lawyers today. At The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., we have a reputation as aggressive negotiators and fierce advocates for injury victims. Our brain injury lawyers are proud to help people throughout Queens.
When you work with our legal team, you can rest easy knowing that your case is in good hands. From start to finish, we will deliver the personalized service and aggressive advocacy that your case deserves.
Call us or reach out online today for your free case review.
Helped resolve my case in a fast and timely manner, very helpful.
Review by: Adonnys Franco
Rating: ★★★★★5 / 5 stars