Personal Injury Lawyer in Nassau County, NY
Have you been seriously injured in Nassau County? If someone else was at fault for your injuries, you may have a right to seek compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial harm they caused you. Unfortunately, filing an injury claim and dealing with the at-fault party’s insurance company on your own is difficult and unlikely to get you the fair compensation you deserve. Turn to The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C. for help.
When you work with our firm, you’ll get the personalized attention that you deserve. We will advocate on your behalf at every stage of the injury claims process. If the other side won’t agree to a fair settlement, we will be prepared to file a personal injury lawsuit and demand justice for you in Nassau County court. We handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. We do not charge any attorney’s fee unless we win your case.
Our law firm offers a free consultation. Contact The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., and ask to speak with a Nassau County personal injury lawyer today. We look forward to hearing from you.
What To Do After an Injury in Nassau County?
The days and weeks following a serious accident are stressful. Knowing the right steps to take can ease some of your stress and uncertainty. You should:
- Follow the doctor’s orders and keep follow-up appointments: Keep all appointments and follow the recommended course of treatment. This is best for your recovery and to prevent the insurance company from questioning the seriousness of your injuries later, which could impact a potential settlement.
- Start a journal: Record your recollection of the accident, your daily pain levels, and how the injury negatively affected your life.
- Do not make any statements: Avoid giving a recorded statement to the insurance company until you speak with a qualified personal injury lawyer.
- Stay off social media about your accident: Do not share photos of the accident or your injuries on social media. Any comments or photos you post on social media may be used by an insurance company to challenge the seriousness of your injuries and dispute your claim.
- Contact a Nassau County personal injury law firm: An experienced personal injury attorney can review your situation, determine how much your case is worth, and pursue that compensation on your behalf.
Why Should You Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Here are some of the ways that an experienced Nassau County personal injury attorney can help you.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Stand up for an Accident Victim’s Rights
An insurance company or its adjuster might dispute an injury claim or offer a settlement that doesn’t cover your medical expenses and other losses. If you are struggling to overcome serious injuries, you are at a disadvantage in dealing with an insurance company on your own. A skilled Nassau County personal injury lawyer can stand up on your behalf for a just settlement and file a personal injury lawsuit if necessary.
An Experienced Attorney Provides a Knowledgeable Perspective
An experienced attorney can provide an honest evaluation of whether you have a valid personal injury claim during a free consultation. The attorney will assess the impact of your injuries, help you understand your legal options, and suggest the next steps to pursue compensation.
A Personal Injury Attorney Can Conduct an Independent Investigation
Personal injury attorneys can investigate the circumstances of your serious injury, whether it occurred in a car accident, a construction accident, or another type of motor vehicle accident. The attorney can gather evidence, interview witnesses, and consult with experts to develop your personal injury claim.
An Attorney Can Calculate You Present and Future Losses
You might not realize the extent of your injury’s financial impact on you, your family, and your future. A seasoned attorney can assess the many ways your injuries have affected you and will affect you in the future, from the cost of treatment to their effects on your career and livelihood. Having a complete understanding of your losses can provide a solid foundation for seeking full and fair compensation.
An Attorney Has Experience Negotiating with Insurers
An experienced personal injury lawyer understands how insurance companies approach claims and respond to them. Their negotiation skills give clients an advantage in seeking a settlement without the need for a trial.
Our Injury Attorneys Are Prepared to Take Personal Injury Claims to Court
A qualified personal injury lawyer should be comfortable presenting a compelling case on your behalf in the courtroom. They should be ready to take your case to court if negotiations don’t lead to a fair settlement.
Why Choose The Tadchiev Law Firm P.C. for Your Personal Injury
The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C. serves Nassau County with a strong commitment to client advocacy and legal excellence. Here’s why you should consider our law firm for your personal injury case:
- We have a client-centered approach to providing legal legal services. We know this is a stressful time for you and your family, and we do whatever we can to meet your needs.
- We are a small enough firm to provide personalized attention to each client. Our clients have names, and we treat you as we would members of our family.
- We take pride in our ability to deliver results and recover fair compensation for the injured people we represent. Our personal injury firm has a record of success in securing favorable settlements and courtroom verdicts.
- Our law firm keeps you informed at every stage of the legal process, providing you with the knowledge and confidence you need to make informed decisions about your case.
- Our attorneys and staff provide comprehensive support. From the initial consultation to courtroom representation, we handle all aspects of your case, giving you the time and space to focus on recovering from your injuries.
- The Tadchiev Law Firm P.C. operates on a contingency fee basis. You pay legal fees only if we secure compensation on your behalf. Not only does this remove an economic barrier to legal representation, it motivates us to demand maximum compensation for our clients.
The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., is a full-service personal injury firm that handles a wide range of personal injury cases in Nassau County, including those that involve:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Train accidents
- Boat accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Premise liability accidents
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
- Medical malpractice
New York Personal Injury Laws
A basic overview of a few of the relevant that affect your case is always helpful. Knowing these key aspects of New York personal injury laws can help you feel more in control during a disorienting time.
- Statute of limitations on personal injury claims: New York’s statute of limitations on personal injury claims generally gives you three years from the date of the injury to pursue a legal claim, with limited exceptions.
- Comparative negligence: New York follows a comparative negligence system. You may recover compensation even if you are partially at fault, although the amount you may receive is proportional to the degree of fault.
- No-Fault insurance: New York is a no-fault insurance state for car accidents. In most crashes, you first seek compensation from your own personal injury protection (PIP) insurance policy, regardless of who caused the accident. However, if your injuries qualify as serious under New York law, you may have a right to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver or other party who caused your injuries.
- Statute of limitations for medical malpractice cases: The deadline for filing a medical malpractice claim in New York State is two years and six months from the time of the injury or accident.
- Strict liability for product liability claims: Injured victims do not have to prove negligence in product liability cases. New York adheres to strict liability standards in product liability cases, holding manufacturers and sellers responsible for defective products that cause injury.
Types of Injuries Caused by Accidents
The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C. handles many types of personal injury and accident cases, including the following:
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Car accidents, falls, train accidents, and construction accidents are among those that may cause spinal cord injuries that result in partial or total paralysis.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) – Accidents involving a blow to the head can lead to traumatic brain injuries. TBIs range from mild concussions to a severe brain injury that causes loss of function and requires long-term care for the victim.
- Amputations – Some incidents, such as a high-impact motor vehicle accident or an industrial workplace accident, may result in severe trauma to limbs, causing the loss of the limb.
- Internal Injuries – Injuries to the chest or abdomen may lead to life-threatening internal injuries. These could result in organ loss or failure.
- Broken Bones – The force of impact in accidents can lead to fractures, the medical term for broken bones. Bone fractures may require surgery and rehabilitation and can result in lasting pain and loss of motion.
- Burns – Accidents involving fire, chemicals, or electrical machinery can cause burn injuries. Depending on the severity, burns cause extensive damage to the skin, tissue, and organs, and may be fatal.
- Whiplash – Often a result of a rear-end collision or other type of traffic crash, whiplash occurs when the head is jolted forward and then backward, damaging soft tissues. It is a painful condition that could have more serious implications for the neck and spine.
- Soft Tissue Injuries– Soft tissue injuries to muscles, ligaments, and tendons include strains, sprains, and contusions. Victims might suffer chronic pain and reduced functionality.
- Psychological Injuries – Accidents can result in psychological trauma, leading to conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or depression. These injuries may require therapy and treatment.
Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Nassau County
The experienced and compassionate personal injury attorneys with The Tadchiev Law Firm are ready to advocate for your rights and guide you through the legal process. Contact us today for a free consultation with a Nassau County, NY, personal injury lawyer. Let us demand the compensation you deserve.