Car Accident Lawyer in Queens, NYC
If you have been involved in a car accident in Queens, you may have serious, painful injuries. Your car may be a total loss. You may even be out of work because of the crash. During this difficult period, your recovery can seem overwhelming and unending.
At times like this, remember that help is just a phone call away.
At The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., we are committed to helping people who have been injured in a car accident in Queens, NY whether it was a side impact accident, rollover accident, head-on collision or a rental car accident. We understand what a car accident can take from you, and we know how to build the car accident claim you deserve. Our firm has helped car collision victims throughout Queens seek the compensation they need for medical bills, lost income, and other losses they have suffered.
No matter what kind of injuries your car accident caused, our firm is dedicated to taking the pressure off you. We will give you the personalized service and full attention you deserve. We will work every day to pursue the compensation you need. We will aggressively negotiate with insurance companies to maximize your compensation. Our mission is to tirelessly advocate for your recovery.
In negotiations or at trial, trust the car accident attorneys The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., to help you. To get your free case review, contact us today.
How a Queens Car Accident Lawyer Can Make a Difference in Your Case
Too many people in Queens try to handle car accident claims on their own. They do not understand that our Queens car accident lawyer can help in these ways:
- Valuing your car accident claim – After a car accident, some people accept an insurance payout regardless of how small it may be. Those car accident victims may not understand what their case is actually worth or what compensation they deserve. Our car accident attorneys have experience handling car accident claims. We can help you understand your compensation options.
- Answering your questions about your case – A car accident lawyer can answer any questions you have about your claim and how to move forward. New York laws can be complex, but our attorneys have knowledge of the law and experience handling car accident claims. As you recover, let our car accident attorneys reduce your stress by handling the paperwork and court filings of your claim.
- Negotiating with the insurance companies – Just like other businesses, insurance companies are focused on their bottom line. They will use every tool at their disposal to minimize what they have to pay out for your damages. A car accident attorney knows how to handle insurance companies and will work to maximize the compensation you receive.
Providing professional legal skills if your claim goes to trial – If the responsible parties will not provide the compensation you deserve, your car accident case may head to trial. A car accident attorney can make all the difference in the world by preparing court filings and fighting in court for your right to compensation.
Pursuing Full Compensation in Your Car Accident Claim
After an auto accident, an attorney knows how to pursue the full compensation you deserve. That may include compensation for:
- Medical costs for treating your injuries and for managing them in the future
- The income and wages you lost as well as any harm to your future earnings
- Property losses, including your vehicle and other personal items
- Pain and suffering that you experience because of your injuries
- The wrongful death of a loved one, including the loss of their support and their final expenses
Under New York law, these and many other types of compensation may be available in your car accident claim. If you have questions, reach out to one of our Queens car accident attorneys.
What Does It Mean That NY Is a No-Fault State?
“No-fault” describes a type of auto insurance. A no-fault insurance plan pays for the damage from an car accident, regardless of which motorist was at fault. Under a no-fault plan, your insurance company will handle your claim and pay for your damages and injuries. The other person’s insurance company will do the same. For example, if you are driving your car and another motorist collides with you, your own no-fault insurance would cover you up to your policy limit.
No-fault insurance is mandated by the state of New York and may cover important car accident related costs. The minimum coverage for no-fault insurance in New York is $50,000. That amount can be used for medical bills, lost income, certain household expenses and death benefits if someone is killed in the car accident. To qualify for no-fault insurance, you must file a claim within 30 days of the accident unless you can prove you could not comply with that requirement.
What If You Were Partly at Fault for Your Car Crash?
New York follows what is known as a comparative fault rule. Under that rule, any compensation you win for your claim may be reduced by the amount you were at fault. For example, if a court determines that you were 25 percent at fault for a car accident, then the court would reduce your compensation by 25 percent. When you are building your claim, you will need to understand how the crash happened and whether you were at fault for any part of the car accident.
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit in NY
New York sets time limits on car accident lawsuits. These time limits are known as statutes of limitations. Under New York’s statute of limitations, you usually have up to three years after a car accident to file your lawsuit. If someone close to you is killed by injuries from a car accident, you normally have two years from the date of that person’s death to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Depending on the facts of your case, these time limits may be longer or shorter. That’s why it is vital to talk with a Queens car accident lawyer after you are injured. A car accident attorney can discuss the time limit that applies to your claim.
Safeguarding Your Rights After a Queens, NYC Car Crash
Following a car accident, take these steps to help protect your rights:
- Get in touch with police and medical services for the care you need.
- Photograph the accident scene and the vehicles that were involved.
- Collect witness contact information.
- Avoid discussing the accident with others who were involved.
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries on social media.
- Talk with a Queens car accident attorney about your options.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Major injuries after a car accident include:
- Head injuries – Even with all of the car safety improvements in recent years, head injuries are still common in car accidents such as head-on collisions. Head injuries, particularly brain injuries, may take time to show up and may lead to years of medical and psychological problems.
- Neck injuries – A car accident can easily harm your neck leaving you with long-term pain and impairment. Even a low speed rear-end accident can result in painful whiplash that can last for months or years.
- Spinal cord injuries – All spinal cord injuries are serious and can lead to impairment, paralysis, and even death. Although modern medicine has made major progress in treating spinal cord injuries, some of those injuries cannot be repaired.
- Broken bones and ribs – The force of a car accident can lead to fractured bones. These fractures may leave you with pain and impaired movement.
- Scarring and disfigurement – Flying objects, glass, and sharp edges can leave accident victims with severe wounds and permanent scars. Surgeries may repair some of the damage, but many victims are left with permanent injuries.
- Bleeding, including bleeding from internal injuries – Blood loss often occurs in car accidents. If the bleeding is internal, complex and costly surgeries may be required. Significant blood loss can result in coma, organ failure or death.
- Burns – The fluids and gasoline in a vehicle sometimes ignite after a car accident and cause life-threatening burns. Victims who suffer serious burns may need long-term hospital stays and painful surgeries to repair the damage.
- Lasting pain and emotional injuries – Car accidents can lead to long-term pain and deep emotional harm. Anxiety, stress, fear and depression are common among victims of serious car accidents.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Queens, NYC
Common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving – Cell phones, in-car entertainment systems and other distractions take drivers’ attention away from the road. When drivers pay more attention to their devices than the road, a car collision can be the painful result.
- Drunk or intoxicated driving – New York laws prohibit the operation of a vehicle while a motorist is intoxicated or impaired by drugs. Despite those laws, some motorists still engage in that illegal conduct. Drunk and intoxicated driving can cause a serious car accident and leave victims with serious and sometimes fatal injuries.
- Speeding – Speed limits exist for a simple reason: to keep you and other New York motorists safe. When people fail to follow the speed limit, major car accidents – even deadly ones – can occur.
- Failure to follow traffic laws – Too many drivers ignore the rules of the road and drive recklessly leading to horrific accidents that could have been avoided.
- Tailgating – As part of a driver’s education course, motorists are taught to keep a safe distance from other cars. Nevertheless, tailgating occurs all too frequently. Serious rear-end accidents are the result.
- Driving inappropriately for weather conditions – People in Queens and New York understand how the weather can change and what that means for their commutes. Unfortunately, some motorists choose to ignore the dangerous impact that weather can have on New York’s roads and highways.
- Equipment failures – Not all car accidents are the fault of the driver. In some cases, a tire blowout, a brake failure, or another part malfunction can cause injuries. In those cases, the car manufacturer, the part manufacturer or the repair shop may be liable for a motorist’s injuries.
- Damage to the roadway or objects on the road – When you’re driving, it’s always best to expect the unexpected. Potholes, objects that fall from other vehicles, or even pedestrians can unexpectedly appear in a driver’s path and cause a serious car accident.
Talk to a Queens Car Accident Attorney Now
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact a car accident lawyer at The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., today. We serve as aggressive advocates for car accident victims in Queens. Our goal is to deliver the personalized attention and service that you deserve. We are ready to fight every day to help you maximize your compensation. You can rest easy knowing your case is in good hands.
We charge no fees unless we win for you, and we offer a free case review to answer any questions you may have. For your free case review, call us today or reach out online.