Nearby Personal Injury Lawyer in Queens, NYC
In the blink of an eye, an accident can severely affect your health and your livelihood. A serious personal injury can leave you without the income and the resources that you need to recover. As you heal, you may wonder how you can rebuild your life.
If someone else’s careless, reckless or intentional acts caused your injuries, turn to an experienced Queens personal injury lawyer from The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C. A lawyer from our legal team can help you seek the fair compensation you need to get back on your feet.
At The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., we purposely keep smaller caseloads so that we can give you the care and support you need. Our law firm provides aggressive advocacy and personalized service for our clients. We will always give you the attention that you deserve.
The lawyers at The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., are here to ease your burden and help with your personal injury claim in Queens. We know how to stand up to insurance companies. We will always fight to maximize your compensation.
We offer a free case review, and you pay no fees unless we win for you. For your case review, contact us today.
What Do You Have to Prove in a Personal Injury Claim in Queens, NYC?
In Queens and elsewhere in New York you must prove these four elements for a successful personal injury claim:
- Someone owed you a duty of care. You must show that someone had a responsibility to look out for your safety and well-being. For example, another driver on the road may have a duty to look out for your safety. A business that is open to the public may also have a responsibility to keep you safe.
- That person or organization failed in the duty to keep you safe. You must show that someone acted inappropriately or failed to act as they should have. For example, a store must keep its premises safe for use by members of the public. Suppose a store does not repair a broken step to its upstairs showroom. By not taking care of that dangerous condition, the store may have violated its responsibility to keep you safe.
- The person’s or organization’s failures are linked to the injury. To prove this element, you must show your injuries were caused by the responsible party’s failure to act. In the case of the broken stairs, you would have to show it was foreseeable that the unrepaired step would cause you to fall.
- You suffered damages. The final element you must prove is that you suffered damages because of your accident. Attorneys can use medical reports, documented property losses and many other items to prove that you suffered injuries or losses because of your accident.
Do you have other questions about what you may need to prove in your personal injury case? Schedule a free case review with a Queens personal injury attorney at The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Queens Law Firm Handles
A personal injury lawyer at The Tadchiev Law Firm is ready to help you with the following cases:
- Car accidents – Car accidents are one of the most common causes of injuries today. Head injuries, spinal injuries, broken bones and other serious injuries can happen in serious accidents. Our firm is ready to help you if you have suffered injuries on the road.
- Truck accidents – Trucks are dangerous vehicles that can cause catastrophic injuries. When you work with us, our firm can help you hold the truck driver accountable for your injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents – Motorists often overlook the rights of pedestrians. Too many drivers fail to give pedestrians the space they need. If you were injured while walking, we can help.
- Bicycle accidents – Bicycle riders have a right to be on the road. Unfortunately, many drivers do not respect the rights of bicyclists. The result can be life-threatening injuries. If you are a bicyclist who was seriously hurt by a careless motorist, contact The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., we will fight to get the compensation you deserve for your case.
- Bus accidents – Bus drivers must be well-trained, attentive and ready to act at a moment’s notice. When drivers make a careless mistake while at the wheel, you can end up hurt.
- Slip and fall accidents – Businesses and other organizations have a duty to keep their guests safe. Floors must be free of hazards and stairs must be safe, with installed safety equipment such as railings. When business owners and others fail to keep floors, stairs and other surfaces safe, you can end up with severe injuries.
Compensation for Your Personal Injury
In Queens, these types of compensation may be available to you in a personal injury case after an accident:
- Any medical costs related to your injuries – A personal injury lawsuit may include compensation for the medical treatment you need after an accident. A lawsuit may also cover the future medical care your injuries need.
- The wages and employment opportunities you lose because of your injuries – Injuries can take you out of work for a lengthy period and prevent you from advancing in your career. Compensation may cover these losses.
- Any loss of consortium caused by the accident – Serious injuries can hurt your marriage. You may not be able to participate in your marriage as you used to, and you may not be able to provide the support your spouse needs. Under those scenarios, your spouse might be eligible for compensation.
- Property losses you suffer – A claim may pay for damage to your vehicle, your personal belongings and any other property affected by the accident. Compensation may include the cost of repair or the cost of replacement.
- The pain and suffering that you experience because of your injuries – An accident can leave you with long-term physical and emotional pain. A personal injury claim may include compensation for these injuries.
After an accident, New York law allows for these and several other types of compensation. A Queens personal injury attorney can review your case and let you know what forms of compensation might be available to you.
What Is the Time Limit for Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in New York?
Every personal injury case is unique, and the time limit in your case will depend on the facts of your accident. You generally have three years from the date of the accident to file your claim. Three years can seem like an ample amount of time, but our advice is to act quickly.
As part of your personal injury case, your attorney must pull together a wide range of documents and other evidence. Gathering evidence takes time and effort, and it is important to get the process started as soon as possible. Give yourself and your attorney every advantage you can. If you have been injured, get your case started today by contacting a personal injury attorney at The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C.
How a Queens Personal Injury Attorney Can Help with Your Case
A skilled attorney is a crucial part of your personal injury claim. From investigation to litigation, an attorney at The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., can:
- Investigate your accident and help you understand who was at fault – Accidents can be complicated. Multiple types of evidence must be assembled to understand exactly what happened. As part of a claim, an attorney can gather key evidence to help you determine who is at fault for your injuries.
- Take the pressure off you by building your claim and handling everything it needs – Accidents can be overwhelming, and the last thing you need while you are healing is more stress. An attorney from The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., can take care of everything your claim needs. Our legal team can gather evidence, handle any communications and keep you updated on the progress of the claim.
- Work to maximize your compensation – Too many people assume that insurance companies will give them a fair amount of compensation. Those people may not realize that insurance companies try to minimize the amount of money they pay out. In many cases, insurance companies may try to avoid paying anything at all. We understand insurance companies and how they operate. We will stand up for you, and we will help you get the compensation you deserve.
- Answer your questions and provide personalized service – A personal injury claim can be a confusing and overwhelming time. An attorney can answer any questions you have, explain how the law works in your case, and guide you through the claim process from start to finish.
- Negotiate aggressively with those responsible for the compensation you deserve – Negotiations are a critical part of a personal injury claim. Our experienced attorneys and legal staff understand how to enter negotiations in the strongest position possible. They will use their legal knowledge to fight for the maximum amount of compensation.
- Advocate in court for your recovery and your compensation – A skilled trial lawyer from The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., knows how to handle court filings, build your lawsuit, and fight for you every step of the way.
Steps to Take to Protect Your Rights After an Accident in Queens
In the stressful time after a serious accident, take these steps to help protect your rights:
- If you have suffered an injury, get emergency services on the scene. Medical personnel who arrive at the accident scene can tend to your injuries. Even if you think you are okay, some injuries are not immediately apparent. It is vital to get a thorough medical review as soon as possible.
- Document the accident scene with photos. In a matter of minutes, an accident scene can change rapidly. Businesses may put up warning signs and crews may clean up debris. In no time at all, the scene can look very different from the time when your accident happened. If you can do so, quickly take photos of the accident scene. Those photos can be a key part of your personal injury claim.
- Get the contact information for anyone who saw what happened. Witnesses who saw the accident happen can become an essential part of your claim. If possible, get their contact information before they leave.
- Keep a journal of how you feel. The pain from your injuries may take time to show up, and your recovery may take days or weeks. Use a notebook or diary to keep track of the pain and suffering you are experiencing.
- Talk with a Queens personal injury attorney. As you recover, an attorney at The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., can tell you what is needed to build your personal injury claim and guide you throughout the legal process.
Common Types of Injuries Caused by Accidents
Serious accidents can cause life-threatening injuries. Those accident injuries may include:
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
Talk to a Queens, NYC Personal Injury Attorney Now
If you have been injured in an accident in Queens, contact The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., today. Our experienced lawyers offer the personalized service you deserve. When you work with us after an accident, you can rest assured we will stand up for you and aggressively negotiate for the compensation you deserve. In negotiations or at trial, you can rely on The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., to fight for your rights.
For your free case review, contact us today by phone or online.