Slip and Fall Lawyer in Queens
Slip and fall accidents hurt, and they can even put your life at risk. They can cause head injuries, broken bones, and many other serious conditions. A slip and fall can take you out of work and leave you wondering how you will pay your bills. But help is out there. Our Queens slip and fall lawyers can pursue your claim and help you seek the compensation that you deserve.
At The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., we understand the physical, emotional, and financial struggles that you are facing. After your devastating accident, we know how important compensation is for you.
It can help you pay your bills, replace your income, and cover the expenses that you have every day. That is why our aggressive negotiators and skilled trial attorneys are ready to go the extra mile to maximize your compensation.
As you focus on getting better, let us handle your claim. You pay no fees unless we win, and we offer a free consultation to discuss your accident. Contact us today for your free case review.
How Can a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Queens Help?
Many people do not realize how much a lawyer in Queens can help after a slip and fall accident. An attorney knows how to evaluate your claim, identify all sources of compensation, and take the pressure off you by managing your claim. They can handle all communications and negotiations with the other side. A slip and fall attorney can help you get the compensation you need.
After a slip and fall injury, talk with an attorney from The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., about your case. The attorneys from our firm understand what you are going through and will always be ready to help.
During a free consultation, an attorney will listen to you and answer any questions that you may have. An attorney can tell you what your next steps are and explain what you will need to build the strongest case possible.
If you he been injured, do not leave your compensation to chance. Speak with a slip and fall lawyer in Queens today from The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C.
Pursuing Compensation for Your Slip and Fall Injuries
When you are injured, it is vital to pursue the maximum compensation for your injuries. This compensation can help you pay your bills, find the care you need, and cover your daily expenses. A slip and fall attorney from The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., can help you pursue these types of compensation:
- Medical costs that you incur because of your injuries – Medical care in Queens is expensive, and medical bills can pile up when you need long-term care after your accident. A slip and fall case may include compensation for the medical care you need now and in the future.
- Lost wages and lost income – Injuries can take you out of work for weeks or months. A claim may include compensation for the income you lost because of your injuries. It may also include compensation for the effect your injuries have on your future earning potential.
- Damage to your clothing, electronics, and personal possessions – An accident can damage or destroy your clothes and valuable personal items such as cell phones, laptops, and jewelry. Slip and fall compensation may cover the costs to repair or replace your property.
- The pain and suffering your injuries cause – Serious injuries can lead to severe pain and lasting damage. As part of your claim, you can pursue compensation for the pain and suffering caused by your accident.
A Queens slip and fall lawyer from The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., can review your case and help you pursue these damages. Depending on the facts of your case, your attorney may even identify other available types of compensation. If you have been injured, speak with a lawyer about how to pursue maximum compensation in your case.
What Do You Have to Prove in a Slip and Fall Claim?
As part of a slip and fall, or trip and fall accident, you must prove these elements to move your claim forward:
- A dangerous condition existed on someone else’s property. The dangerous condition could be as simple as a slippery set of stairs or a broken handrail.
- You were a guest on the property. If someone invited you onto the property, or you were on property that is open to the public, such as a department store, then you qualify as a guest.
- Those in charge of the property knew or should have known, about the dangerous condition. You can prove this by showing that they knew about the problem, or that they should have known about it through a routine activity such as maintenance of the property.
- The people in charge of the property failed to take steps to fix the problem or warn guests about it. Property owners and renters cannot immediately fix every problem, but they can take steps to protect their guests. When those in charge of a dangerous condition do not take the steps to address it, guests such as yourself can end up with injuries.
- A dangerous condition led to your injuries. To prove this, you must show how the dangerous condition caused you harm. This proof may include surveillance footage, witness statements, medical records, and many other items.
Time Limit to File a Slip and Fall Lawsuit in New York?
Strict time limits in New York apply to slip and fall lawsuits. The general rule in New York gives you three years from the accident’s date to file your slip and fall lawsuit. While many people think this is plenty of time, a tremendous amount of time-consuming work must go into your slip and fall lawsuit.
If you fail to file your slip and fall lawsuit within the time limit, your case may be forever lost. In some situations, you may have much less time to file your lawsuit. Talk with a lawyer as soon as you can after your accident. That will give the lawyer the time needed to build a strong case for you.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can be caused by conditions such as:
- Wet or icy surfaces – Melted snow and ice, spilled cleaners, broken pipes, and many other sources can create dangerous slipping hazards.
- Uneven stairs or surfaces – People who own or manage property should be on the lookout for uneven surfaces that cause slip and fall accidents.
- Items in the walkway such as loose items, tools, and extension cords – It is easy to slip and fall or trip and fall when unexpected items are in the way.
- Loose or ripped carpeting – Unsecured or damaged carpets regularly cause accidents with long-term injuries.
- Broken or missing safety equipment such as railings – Sometimes when you slip you can catch yourself. That is not the case when the stair railings you rely on are broken or incorrectly installed.
Common Places Where Slip and Fall Accidents Happen
Common locations of slip and fall accidents include:
- Malls and department stores
- Parking lots
- Grocery stores
- Hotels and motels
- Private residences.
- Apartment complexes
What to Do If You Were Hurt After Falling on Someone Else’s Property
If you have been hurt on someone else’s property, take these steps to protect your slip and fall claim:
- Seek the medical attention you need.
- Notify those who own or manage the property.
- Collect witness information.
- Use your phone to photograph the accident scene and any relevant details.
- Preserve your shoes and clothing exactly as they were when the accident occurred.
- Talk with a slip and fall attorney in Queens, New York.
Talk to a Queens Slip and Fall Attorney Now
If you have been injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident in Queens, NY, contact The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., today. Our personal injury attorneys know how devastating a slip and fall accident can be, and we are prepared to work tirelessly to secure your rights. From investigating your accident to fighting for you in court, our aggressive negotiators and skilled trial attorneys want to stand up for you.
After an injury, focus on recovery, and let us take the pressure off you. We offer a free consultation to answer your questions and help you understand your options. Do not wait to get the legal help you need. Get your free consultation by calling us or reaching out online today.