Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Queens, NY
At The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., we fight for the rights of cyclists who have been hurt in accidents in Queens. We know how painful and stressful a bicycle accident can be, and that is why our team is focused on taking the pressure off you.
Our legal team is prepared to investigate the accident, aggressively negotiate for compensation, and give you the full attention that you deserve. Our firm intentionally maintains a smaller caseload so that we can give you the care and attention that you need.
After a Queens bicycle accident, focus on your health, and let us work tirelessly for the compensation and justice that you deserve. For your free consultation, contact us today. You pay no fees unless we win for you.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Bicycle Accident
The moments after a bicycle accident can be crucial to protecting your rights. Take these steps to help build the strongest case possible:
- Make sure you are out of harm’s way. Roads in Queens are busy. If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, make sure you are not in the flow of traffic. Move to the side of the road or off the sidewalk as soon as you can.
- Call the police and get medical help for your injuries. Bike accidents happen quickly, and they can leave you with devastating injuries. After an accident, do not assume that someone else is calling for help. If you are able, contact the police. Even if you feel fine after your accident, schedule a full medical evaluation. Doctors may uncover serious injuries that are not immediately apparent.
- Take photos of the accident scene and your injuries. Photos of the accident scene can be an important component of a bicycle accident case. If you are able to do so, take wide shots of the accident scene and close-up pictures of any license plates and any damage to your bike and your helmet. Also photograph any other relevant information, such as road signs or skid marks. Take pictures of your injuries before you receive medical treatment.
- Collect contact information. Get the names, contact information and insurance information of the responsible driver. Also get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Keep a record of your injuries. Keep a daily journal about your injuries and any pain they cause. Taking the time to document your injuries can be useful in your claim for compensation.
- Avoid social media posts about the accident. Do not discuss your accident, your injuries or your recovery on social media. The person responsible for your injuries may somehow use those posts against you.
- Talk with a bicycle accident lawyer in Queens, New York. If you have been injured in an accident, have an attorney at The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., review your case. An attorney can explain your legal options, aggressively advocate for your rights and pursue the compensation you deserve. After your bike accident, focus on your recovery and allow an attorney to develop your claim for compensation.
How We Can Help You
A bike accident can leave you feeling exhausted, overwhelmed and in serious pain. A Queens bicycle accident attorney from The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., can help you recover by:
- Listening to you and understanding how you were injured
- Advising you on the compensation that may be available under New York law
- Gathering evidence about your accident and determining who may be at fault
- Providing personalized service and managing the paperwork and legal filings of your claim
- Reviewing the insurance policies that could provide coverage for your injuries
- Aggressively negotiating with insurance companies for the compensation you deserve
- Standing up for you and your rights in court, if necessary
Pursuing Maximum Compensation for Bicycle Accident Victims
After a bicycle accident, many people settle their claim without understanding how an attorney can help them pursue maximum compensation in their case.
At The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., our bicycle accident attorneys know how important your recovery is and what compensation can do for you. Our attorneys have extensive knowledge of New York’s traffic laws and your rights as a cyclist on the road. As you focus on your recovery, let an attorney guide you through the claim process, identify any insurance coverage and help you pursue maximum compensation for your accident injuries.
An attorney from The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., can help you pursue these types of compensation:
- Your lost wages and the effect of your accident on your future earnings
- The medical bills from your injuries
- The cost of repairing or replacing your property, such as your bike, your helmet and personal belongings
- Pain and suffering caused by the bicycle accident
After a bicycle accident in Queens, an accident attorney from The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., can help you understand your legal options and the compensation that may be available to you.
Understanding Your Own Insurance Coverage
After a bike accident, many riders focus on the insurance of the at-fault party. They may not realize that their own insurance policies may provide some coverage. For example, if you are injured in a bicycle accident in Queens, you may have coverage under your own health insurance.
If you own a car, you may have coverage under your no-fault policy. Your auto policy may be an important source of compensation in a hit-and-run accident. If the at-fault motorist flees the scene, does not have any insurance or has insufficient coverage for your injuries, your automobile policy may provide uninsured or underinsured benefits.
A bicycle accident lawyer can help you understand how your own insurance could protect you after an accident.
Time Limits for Filing a Bicycle Accident Lawsuit in New York
New York typically allows individuals to file a bicycle accident lawsuit within three years of their accident. But this time limit may be different in a few situations. If a government-operated vehicle such as an MTA bus injured you, you must file Notice of a Claim within 90 days of the accident. A lawsuit must be filed within one year and 90 days of your accident date.
If you need to file a lawsuit, speak with a bicycle accident attorney today to explore what time limits may apply in your case.
Common Injuries in Bike Accidents
Cyclists riding on Queens streets and roads have almost no protection in a bike-car accident. Common injuries in bike accidents include:
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Cuts and bleeding
- Abrasions such as road rash
- Dental damage
- Damage to the face
- Soft-tissue injuries to muscles and joints
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Accidents can happen in a split second, so be constantly aware and alert when you ride in traffic. Common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- A driver’s failure to notice a cyclist
- Vehicles turning in front of bicycles
- The failure of motorists to give bicyclists the space they need
- Distracted drivers and intoxicated drivers
- Door accidents, where drivers open a car door in front of a cyclist
- Dangerous road conditions, including potholes and broken pavement
Talk to Our Queens Bike Accident Lawyer Now
If you have been injured in a bike accident in Queens, contact The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., today. Our talented legal team understands the challenges that cyclists face on Queens streets, and we are ready to help you. With the aggressive advocacy and personalized service that you deserve, we can build your bicycle accident claim and stand up for your rights.
As you focus on healing after your accident, allow us to pursue the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for your free consultation.