MTA Bus Accident Lawyer in Queens, NYC
When people need to get around Queens, buses are one of the best options available. But the reality is that buses, just like any other vehicles, sometimes get into accidents. When those accidents happen, innocent people end up with serious injuries, costly medical expenses, and other unexpected losses.
At The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., we are ready to help you after you have been injured in a bus accident in Queens. Our firm fights for the rights of people who have been injured in avoidable accidents. Our experienced Queens bus accident attorneys are ready to fight for you. Our attorneys can stand up for your rights and provide the aggressive advocacy and personalized service you deserve.
After a stressful bus accident, you need to put your energy into healing, not into a legal battle. If you are injured, focus on your recovery and leave your accident claim to us. You pay no fees unless we win for you.
To get your free case review, call us today or contact us online.
Why Bus Accident Cases Are More Complicated
Bus accident compensation claims may be more complicated than other types of claims for reasons such as:
- Bus accidents involve more serious injuries. The passengers who are on a bus during an accident may be thrown around in the bus, leading to fractures and other major injuries. When others on the road are struck by a bus, it can easily lead to permanent injuries and even death.
- More people may be involved in a bus accident. Bus accidents seldom involve two parties. A bus may be carrying passengers, and each of them will likely bring a claim after an accident. A bus accident may also injure many people on the road. Dozens of injury claims may be related to a single accident.
- Multiple vehicles may be involved. The weight and speed of a bus can push other vehicles into each other, resulting in multiple claims for property damage as well as multiple injury claims from bus passengers and other motorists.
- There may be more potentially liable parties. In bus accidents, many different parties may be responsible for your injuries. Liable parties may include the bus driver, the driver’s employer, bus manufacturers, parts suppliers, repair shops, and other passengers.
- Complicated insurance issues are common. In a typical car crash, the accident may involve the insurance policies of just two drivers. In a bus accident, you may be looking at a much more complex scenario. The driver, the driver’s employer, the government, and other liable parties may have their own insurance policies with different policy provisions.
Pursuing Maximum Compensation for Your Bus Accident Injuries
After an accident, it is vital to pursue the compensation that you need for your recovery. Compensation can help you pay your medical bills. Compensation may cover the income you lost as you healed, and it can pay for the damage that your injuries did to your future earning potential. Compensation may also cover the pain and suffering you experienced because of your injuries.
If you need to file a claim after a bus accident injury, a Queens accident lawyer from The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., can help. Your lawyer can gather important evidence, aggressively negotiate with insurance companies, and fight on your behalf in court for your bus accident compensation. Throughout the process, your lawyer can help you pursue the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries.
New York Statute of Limitations on Bus Accident Lawsuits
If you need to file a bus accident lawsuit, you must do it within certain time limits known as statutes of limitation. These time limits vary significantly depending upon who was involved in the accident. For instance, the time limit may be shorter when a government entity is named in the lawsuit.
- Private companies. If the bus is run by a private company as a sightseeing bus or a charter company, the deadline for your injury claim is three years from the accident date.
- Government entities. If the bus is run by a government organization such as the MTA, your lawsuit must usually be filed within one year and 90 days of the accident. If your accident involved the MTA, you must file a “Notice of Claim” document within 90 days of the accident.
If you have been injured in an accident, have your case reviewed by a bus accident lawyer at The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C. A lawyer from our firm can review your accident case and determine how long you have to pursue the compensation you deserve.
Types of Bus Accident Claims We Handle in Queens
At The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., we handle a wide range of bus accident claims, including:
- School bus accidents – Our firm holds school bus operators to the highest standards. We will work to hold them accountable when they injure you or someone you love.
- MTA bus accidents – When you are pursuing a claim against the MTA, our MTA accident lawyer can provide the skill and knowledge that your claim needs to stand up to that organization.
- Public transit bus accidents – People in New York rely on public transit to carry them where they need to go. If you have been injured on a public transit bus, we’re ready to help.
- Tour bus accidents – Whether you were on a tour bus during an accident, or you were struck by one, our law firm can fight for the bus accident compensation that you deserve.
- Charter bus accidents – Private companies that lease buses are responsible when the drivers of those buses cause accidents. If you have been injured in a charter bus accident, let us fight for you.
Talk to a Queens Bus Accident Attorney Now
If you have suffered injuries in a bus accident in Queens, contact The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., today. We understand what you are going through, and we are committed to fighting for your rights. We always go the extra mile for our clients. We want to pursue the maximum amount of compensation for you.
After an injury, you do not have to handle the legal battle by yourself. Let us deal with your bus accident claim and take the pressure off you. With the aggressive advocacy and personalized service that you expect, our attorneys are here for you.
For a free case review, contact us today. You pay no fees unless we win for you.