Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Queens, NYC
Were you struck by a car while crossing the street, while walking on the sidewalk or a parking lot in Queens? If so, you could be owed significant compensation if your accident was caused by someone else’s negligence. Motorists have a responsibility to watch out for pedestrians and exercise caution when driving near them. If you are a pedestrian who was injured by a careless motorist, you deserve qualified legal representation.
At The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., we are committed to helping individuals and families recover from devastating accidents. We know how stressful an accident can be, and we know that you do not need to argue and fight with insurance companies while you are healing. We can take the pressure off you by reviewing your case, building a strong pedestrian accident claim, and aggressively advocating for your recovery. Our skilled legal team will always go the extra mile, and we will work tirelessly to maximize your compensation after an accident.
If you have been injured in a Queens pedestrian accident, do not wait to get the help you need. Our firm offers a free case review, and you pay no fees unless we win for you. To learn more, contact a pedestrian accident lawyer today in Queens, New York. Call us today to schedule your free review.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Pedestrian Accident in Queens
Pedestrian accidents can cause life-threatening and permanent injuries. But as part of your accident claim, you must show specific evidence of what happened in your accident. You must also show how your injuries affected your health and your daily life.
These tips can help you protect your rights and build your injury claim:
- After your accident, contact the police and emergency medical services. Pedestrians are no match for vehicles on the road, and a pedestrian accident injury can be life-threatening. The police can manage the scene and prepare an accident report. Medical responders that arrive at the accident can treat your injuries and transport you to the hospital, if necessary.
- If possible, take photos of the accident scene. Your photographs should include the vehicle or vehicles involved and any license plates. Take relevant photos of the surrounding area, such as crosswalk locations, skid marks and debris. After the accident, the police and road crews will arrive. Those officials may move debris and other materials, so your photos of the accident scene could help investigators determine what happened.
- Get contact information of witnesses who saw your accident. People who see accidents may leave an accident scene when the police arrive. However, their statements can be an important part of your claim. If you are able, get their names and contact information.
- Do not discuss the accident at the accident scene. Immediately after your accident, you may be uncertain or mistaken about its cause. The other side could potentially use any statements you make as evidence that might weaken your case.
- Do not discuss your accident, injuries or recovery on social media. Social media can be a great way to socialize with your friends, but it is no place for information about your pedestrian accident case. If you post anything about your accident or your health, that information could be used against you.
- Contact a pedestrian accident attorney in Queens, New York. As soon as you call The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., a pedestrian accident lawyer can start to build your claim. An attorney can advise you on your options and explain how your claim may proceed.
How Our Queens Pedestrian Accident Attorney Can Help You
Recovering from an accident can be an overwhelming, frustrating and confusing time. You may not know what steps to take next. If you are missing time at work, you may be uncertain about how to get the compensation you and your family need.
A Queens pedestrian accident attorney from The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., can guide you through the process from start to finish. Our attorney can, for example:
- Build your claim from the ground up
- Advise you on New York law and how it may affect your pedestrian injury case
- Investigate the accident and help you identify the parties that are responsible for your injuries
- Identify any insurance policies that may be involved
- Take the pressure off you by serving as the point of contact for your claim
- Answer any questions you may have about your claim
- Handle the records, requests and paperwork related to your claim
- Stand up to insurance companies and advocate for your financial recovery
- Aggressively negotiate to obtain maximum compensation for you
- File a pedestrian injury lawsuit and fight for you in court, if necessary
Pursuing Maximum Compensation for Pedestrian Accident Victims in Queens
When you are injured, a Queens pedestrian accident lawyer can help you go after the monetary recovery you need to move forward with your life. From building a claim to filing a pedestrian accident lawsuit, an attorney can help you pursue compensation for your medical bills, your lost income and the pain, suffering and emotional distress that you experienced because of your injuries.
An attorney can help you pursue coverage for your property losses and even help you go after compensation for the damage that your injuries had on your future earnings.
After an accident, let a pedestrian accident attorney help by advising you of your options and determining what types of compensation are available to you under New York law.
Understanding Your Own Insurance Coverage
In New York, the coverage you receive will depend on the facts and circumstances of your accident. The insurance policies that may cover you include:
- The no-fault insurance of the driver who caused the accident – If you were injured by a motorist in Queens, the motorist’s no-fault insurance should cover certain costs in the accident. New York State requires drivers to carry a minimum of $50,000 in no-fault coverage. This coverage could pay for medical costs, some of your lost wages, and some household costs. However, injuries such as pain and suffering are not covered by no-fault insurance.
- Your own health insurance – Your own health insurance may play a role in covering your accident. Your health coverage can step in if the no-fault insurance coverage does not adequately cover your medical costs. Given the costs of medical care, you may need your health insurance to pay the bills from doctor or hospitals.
- Your own auto insurance – Even though you were not operating the vehicle at the time of the accident, your no-fault policy may provide some coverage.
If you have questions about the insurance policies that apply to your case, contact a Queens pedestrian accident lawyer today at The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C.
Time Limits for Filing a Pedestrian Accident Claim in New York
The time limit for a pedestrian accident lawsuit is usually three years from the accident’s date. However, depending on the facts of your case, the time limit may be shorter. That is why it is important to speak with a pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident.
Common Injuries in Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can involve a wide range of life-threatening injuries, including:
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and painful fractures
- Damage to soft tissues such as muscles and joints
- Cuts, bruising, and abrasions
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can have many causes, including:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Failure to yield to pedestrians
- Failing to take road conditions into account
- Violations of traffic laws, including the running of red lights
Talk to Our Queens Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Now
If you have suffered a pedestrian accident injury in Queens, do not wait another day to get the help you need. Contact The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., today. Our skilled and experienced attorneys are ready to take the pressure off you. Our legal team can begin building your claim. We will always go the extra mile for you. When you work with us, you can rest easy knowing that your case is in good hands.
There are no fees unless we win for you. We offer a free case review to answer your questions. Contact us today by phone or online.