Taxi Cab Accident Lawyer in Queens, NYC
Taxicabs are one of the fastest and easiest ways to get around Queens, but taxi drivers can get into serious accidents like anyone else. When that happens, you could be facing life-threatening injuries and long-term financial problems.
Whether you were injured while you were a taxicab passenger or were injured in a collision with a taxi on the road, you deserve an attorney who will stand up for you and fight for the compensation you need and deserve.
After a taxi accident, The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., can stand up for you. We know how to handle deep-pocketed insurance companies. We will fight every step of the way to maximize your compensation. Our aggressive negotiators and skilled trial lawyers will always go the extra mile for you. We stand ready to provide the aggressive advocacy and skill that we are known for.
If you have been injured in a Queens taxi crash, get in touch to learn how we can help. We will go over your case with you for free. We do not charge any fees unless we win for you. Contact us today.
Why Taxicab Claims Can Be Complicated
If you are in a taxi accident, you may face a complex case for reasons like these:
- Multiple parties may be liable for the accident. In a standard car accident, we typically think the drivers are liable. But in a taxi accident, there may be many parties who are responsible for your compensation, including the driver, the company that runs the taxi service, and the insurance companies that represent them both. There may also be another motorist in the accident, meaning your claim may involve that driver’s insurance policies, too.
- The taxi’s insurance policy may not be able to accommodate payouts for multiple injured parties. In many accidents, there is a cap on how much an insurance company will pay per accident. If a taxi is carrying multiple people and is involved in an accident with others, the available coverage is spread among everyone. If it is a serious accident, there may not be enough to cover everyone. You and your attorney will need to explore your options for compensation.
Compensation in a Queens Taxicab Accident Case
After a New York cab accident, a taxicab lawyer in Queens can let you know what kind and how much compensation may be available in your case. Compensation may cover:
- Your medical bills and the cost of your medical care – As part of a claim, you may be entitled to compensation for the medical treatment and long-term care you need.
- Your lost income – A taxicab accident claim may compensate for your lost income as well as any damage that your injuries have done to your long-term earning potential.
- Replacement or repair costs of your personal property – In an accident, you may lose valuable possessions, including clothing, electronics, jewelry and other personal items.
- The pain and suffering you experience, as well as any emotional distress – Severe accidents can lead to lasting pain and serious emotional problems including anxiety and depression.
Talk with a taxi lawyer today to understand what types of compensation may be available in your case.
What to Do After a Taxicab Accident in Queens
Follow these tips after a taxicab accident to protect your rights:
- Get in touch with emergency services. Police will arrive to manage the scene and prepare a report about the accident. Medical personnel can provide the treatment you need and transport any seriously injured people to the hospital.
- Do not talk about the accident or who is to blame. After a taxicab crash, it is tempting to lay or accept blame for an accident. However, something that you were unaware of may have been the cause. Do not admit to anything.
- Take pictures of the accident scene. Use your phone as a camera. Be sure to get wide shots of the accident and close-ups of key information, including license plates, vehicle damage, road debris, skid marks, relevant weather conditions, and other important details.
- Collect driver names and insurance information along with witness contact info. This information can be central to your claim. Get contact information from any witnesses before they leave.
- Stay away from social media. When you are injured, do not discuss the accident or your recovery online. Those responsible for the accident may access your posts and use them against you.
- Talk with a Queens taxicab accident lawyer as soon as you can. Do not wait to get legal help after an accident. Reach out to a lawyer and schedule a time to discuss your claim.
Time Limit for Filing a Taxicab Accident Lawsuit
You typically have three years from the accident date to file your taxicab accident lawsuit in New York. However, a lot needs to happen during that time. Your attorney will need to gather evidence, prepare the paperwork, negotiate with insurance companies, and put together court filings. Give yourself and your taxicab lawsuit every advantage by starting early.
How a Queens Taxicab Accident Attorney Can Help You
Many people do not realize how much an attorney can assist them after a taxi accident. An attorney can help by:
- Investigating what actually happened in the taxi crash and who may be responsible
- Identifying sources of compensation, including insurance policies
- Explaining New York law and how it may affect your claim
- Providing personalized service and one-on-one attention for you
- Aggressively negotiating for maximum compensation
- Skillfully arguing your case before a judge and jury, if necessary
If you have been injured in a taxicab accident, contact The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., today. We understand the painful cost of a taxicab accident, and we are committed to helping you recover. Our aggressive negotiators and skilled trial lawyers can pursue the maximum amount of compensation in your case. We will always provide the personalized service and advocacy you deserve.
After a taxicab crash, The Tadchiev Law Firm, P.C., is here to take the pressure off you. There are no fees unless we win for you. We offer a free consultation to answer your questions. For your case review, call us or contact us online today.
Thanks a lot for the helping for professionalism and quality work, the best lawyers in their field, I recommend everyone to contact them for help.
Review by: Medvedev
Rating: ★★★★★5 / 5 stars